Quality Control Procurement Clauses
The following clauses specify the Kurt Manufacturing Company quality requirements. Additional or Supplemental quality requirements may be specified in the body of the purchase order. Quality records are to be maintained on site at seller's facility, for a minimum of 7 years or specified on the purchase order. The clauses do not supersede the terms and conditions of the purchase order.
The requirements stated below shall apply to all Purchase Orders for Materials and Processing services furnished to Kurt Manufacturing.
General Requirement: Revisions of Specifications and Standards
All material supplied or processed shall conform to the latest revision level of the applicable specification. The supplier is responsible for flow down to sub-tier suppliers, all applicable requirements in the purchasing documents, including key characteristics where required. Refer any questions regarding requirements stated herein to the Kurt Buyer.
General Requirement: Rework.
Product or process may not be reworked or repaired in any manner without Kurt Manufacturing's written authorization. Refer any questions regarding requirements stated herein to the Kurt Buyer.
Purchase Order Specific Requirements
- Quality Management System Requirements to ANSI I ISO I ASQ Q9001-2008
- The seller shall have a quality management system that complies with the requirements of the ANSI I ISO I ASQ Q9001-2008. Compliance to the provision of this clause in no way relives the seller of the responsibility to furnish acceptable supplies or services. The sellers system shall be subject to audit Kurt Manufacturing Company.
- The seller shall have a quality management system that is registered to the requirements of ANSI I ISO I ASQ Q9001- 2008. Compliance to the provision of this clause in no way relives the seller ofthe responsibility to furnish acceptable supplies or services. The sellers system shall be subject to audit Kurt Manufacturing Company.
- The seller shall have a quality management system that complies with the requirements ofthe AS9100 Compliance to the provision of this clause in no way relives the seller of the responsibility to furnish acceptable supplies or services. The sellers system shall be subject to audit Kurt Manufacturing Company.
- The seller shall have a quality management system that is registered to the requirements of AS91 00. Compliance to the provision of this clause in no way relives the seller of the responsibility to furnish acceptable supplies or services. The sellers system shall be subject to audit Kurt Manufacturing Company.
- Inspection System Requirements MIL-I-45208A
The seller shall prepare and maintain a system that complies with MIL-I-45208A, "Inspection System Requirements." Compliance with the provision of this clause in no way relieves the seller of the final responsibility to furnish acceptable supplies or services. The seller's system shall be subject to audit by Kurt Manufacturing representatives.
- Inspection and Test Instructions
The seller shall prepare and maintain written plans and instructions for inspections and tests performed in compliance to this purchase order. These documents must include item part number revision, equipment used, and operational sequence, accept / reject criteria, sampling plan, special process procedures and approvals, and evidence of control. The Plans / instructions must be submitted to Kurt Manufacturing Company for Quality Assurance approval at least two (2) weeks prior to fabrication.
- Standard Inspection System Requirements
To assure purchase order requirements compliance, the seller shall provide and maintain an inspection system acceptable to Kurt Manufacturing Company. The system shall provide sufficient inspection, records, control and traceability to ensure compliance to purchase order requirements. The seller's system shall be subject to audit by Kurt Manufacturing representatives.
- Tool Proofing
Acceptance of production tooling against this purchase order shall be contingent upon inspection and acceptance by Kurt Manufacturing Company of the applicable characteristics. Dimensional samples (quality designated by purchase order produced by this tooling) must conform to tolerance limits of the drawing and specification specified by this purchase order. When duplicated tools are made to the same tool number, each must be proved separately. Any rework of a tool after proofing (beyond its normal maintenance) shall require subsequent proofing and approval by Kurt Manufacturing Company. Seller shall maintain process records for molded parts to include: mold release agents used temperatures, pressures and time cycle data for preheat, molding and cure, as applicable.
- Tool Proofing acceptance shall be under surveillance of the cognizant Kurt Manufacturing Company quality representative at the seller's facility. Seller shall furnish a legible and reproducible copy to tool proofing approval with the initial shipment. Approval shall list the tool number and inspection variable data, signed or stamped and dated by the Kurt Manufacturing Company quality representative.
- Dimensional Samples and the Seller's variable data shall be shipped to the Buyer to support acceptance inspection the samples and data must be identified with the tool number or individual cavity number as applicable.
- First Article Inspection
Compliance to purchase order requirements shall be determined by inspection, utilizing applicable drawings and specification, to a specific quantity denoted below unless otherwise specified by the purchase order. First article item(s), when submitted to Kurt Manufacturing Company, shall be accompanied by the seller's first article report. First article item(s) must be inspected and indemnified by tool number, serial number and when applicable, cavity number.
Note: First article is only required on initial shipment. Subsequent first articles shall be performed if 12 months have passed since the last production run, part has a revision change, or a change in the manufacturing process has changed since last production run.
First Article Inspection Code:
- One first article from each cavity
- One first article part required
- Two first article parts required
- Three first article parts required
- Other (refer to purchase order)
- Test Specimens (Castings/Forgings)
The seller shall furnish with each shipment of castings or forgings, test specimens which conform to ASTM E8. Specimens shall be identified with the purchase order number, melt number heat treat number, lot number and alloy identification.
- Certificate of Conformance
A legible and reproducible certificate of conformance must accompany each shipment. This certificate must reference the purchase order number, part number, revision (plus any applicable waivers, ECO's or deviations), quantity shipped, date(s) shipped, shipper number, applicable specifications (with revision) of materials, and special processes. When items are serialized, serial numbers must be included. Material furnished by Kurt Manufacturing Company must be referenced, including traceability to the lot number indemnification. The certification must include the signature and the title of seller's Quality Assurance representative. Kurt Manufacturing Company or Suppliers equivalent shall be used.
- Test Reports
A legible and reproducible test report shall be provided with each shipment. Each test report shall evidence compliance with the applicable drawing and / or specification requirements and shall include the revision of the drawing and / or specification. The reports shall bear the signature and title of the responsible agent of the seller. When serialization of items has been imposed by the purchase order, such serialization shall be part of the test report.
- Chemical Test Report
- Physical Test Report
- Functional Test Report (defined as operative inspection, e.g. mechanical, electronic, hydraulic, etc.) - Destructive or
- Pressure or Leak Test Report
- Nondestructive tests shall be performed by qualified personnel. Seller's findings shall be reported on an appropriate from, including the name of the reader and the signature of the responsible agent. The firm and report shall accompany the shipment of the material. An adequate method of identifying and cross-referencing each file exposure, report and item must be provided.
- Environmental Test Report (Defined as exposure methods, e.g. salt spray, vibration testing, shock testing, etc.)
- Special Process, i.e. welding, heat treating
- Mercury free material
- Test Certification
Each Shipment must be accompanied by a certification stating that reports, which assure conformance to drawing and / or specification requirements, are on file and available for examination. When Kurt Source Inspection is imposed, test reports shall be presented with the product for review. The certification must be identifiable with the product submitted and must contain the signature and title of the seller's Quality Assurance representative.
- Special Process Approval
Special process such as, but not limited to: welding, heat-treating, liquid oxygen cleaning, electro polishing, anodizing, chemical films and nondestructive testing (e.g. helium leak testing, penetrant, etc.) and any subcontracting thereof, require approval or certification of process equipment, procedure and personnel, as indicated by the applicable drawing, specification or standards. The approval must be established with Kurt Manufacturing Company prior to fabrication or processing under the purchase order.
- Standard Hardware
Seller shall certify and maintain objective evidence (traceability) that all items purchased or manufactured by the seller for this purchase order comply with the applicable standards or specifications (e.g. MIL-STD, MS. NAS, etc).
- Source Inspection, Product Testing
All items requisitioned by this purchase order are subject to inspection at the seller's facility by a Kurt Manufacturing Company quality representative prior to shipment. Detailed parts or assemblies are subject to inspection by the quality representative prior to shipment.
The seller shall make available their inspection records to the Kurt Manufacturing Company quality representative at the time of presentation of produced item. The seller shall provide no less than seventy-two (72) hours advanced notice to the Kurt Manufacturing Company quality representative to permit proper scheduling of source inspection. Evidence of source inspection must be shown on the shipping documents. Seller shall provide suitable facilities and equipment to support this effort.
- Access Clause, Kurt Manufacturing Company
All items requisitioned by this purchase order may be subject to source surveillance by a Kurt Manufacturing Company quality representative and / or Kurt Manufacturing Company Customer Representative. This may include surveillance of the seller's system, procedures, facilities and product. The seller shall, at no additional cost, supply inspection records and when requested, perform or repeat selected inspection and / or tests which are required by drawing, specification or inspection instructions.
- Source Inspection, Government
Government Inspection is required prior to shipment from your plant. Upon receipt of this order, promptly notify the Government representative who normally services your plant so that appropriate planning for Government Inspection can be accomplished. In the event that a Government representative cannot be located, inform Kurt Manufacturing Company Purchasing. Evidence of Government concurrence must be shown on all discrepancy reports. All discrepancy reports must include description of defect, cause, corrective action, and affectivity statement.
- Access Clause, Government
During performance on this purchase order, the seller's quality control, inspection system and manufacturing process are subject to review, verification and analysis from an authorized Government representative. Government inspection or release of product is not required prior to shipment. The seller shall provide a copy of this purchase order to the Government upon request.
- Shelf-Life Material
- Seller shall identify each item, package or container of shelf life material with the cure or manufacturing date, expiration date, special storage and handling conditions in addition to the normal identification requirements of name, part or code number, specifications number, type size, quantity, etc. This identification, including special handling conditions, shall be recorded on the certification and shipping documents.
- Seller shall furnish a legible copy of certification of items incorporating a shelf-life material that does not require age control after installation (e.g. adhesives, resins, plastics based paints, etc.). Certification shall state that the shelf-life material were properly controlled prior to use and within the shelf-life period when incorporated. The certification shall be identified with the purchase order number and the item(s) produced, and must also contain the signature and title of the responsible seller agent.
- Material used must be identifiable by lot number, material type, specification and revision letter(s), heat number, etc., and traceable to records of inspection acceptance. Items fabricated by the seller shall be identified with the lot of material used. When two (2) or more parts are joined in an assembly, the seller shall prepare an assembly parts list identifying each item in the assembly. Traceability records shall be available for review by a Kurt Manufacturing Company quality representative.
- All parts and / or material, and applicable documents must be identified by a manufacturing lot number or batch number by the seller. (A lot or batch number is defined as parts and / or material produced by one manufacturer in one unchanged process, in accordance with the same drawing and / or specification revision.
- Seller shall maintain serialization on Kurt furnished parts and / or material.
- Seller shall serialize parts and /or material at the seller's facility when serialization is designated by the purchase order. No two (2) items of the same part number (on this r any other Kurt Manufacturing Company purchase order) are to be assigned the same serial number.
- Seller shall provide lot number and manufacturing date as defined by MIL-STD-1168A, "Lot numbering of Ammunition".
- Seller shall provide data cards as defined by MIL-STD-1167B/C, "Ammunition Data Cards."
- All material is to be from the same heat lot.
- Origin of raw material must be domestic. (Producing mill must be within the United States of America).
- Producing mill certification required.
- Qualified Products List (QPL: Certifications)
(Qualified product from manufacture or distribution on QPL): Manufacturer or distributor shall furnish with each shipment the name and the commercial designation of the product, on the items, affixed by label or nameplate or preprinted on the wrapping, on the accompanying certification.
- Request for Deviation / Waiver Report (DD1694)
For any departure from the purchase order, specification, or drawing, the supplier will submit to Kurt Manufacturing Company, through Purchasing, a Request for Deviation Waiver (DD1694) IAW MIL-STD-480. All requests must be approved by prime contractor and government concurrence.
- Inspection Equipment List (IEL)
The inspection equipment required to perform the tests and examination for this purchase order must be itemized on the IEL. Seller may use Standard Measuring Equipment (SME) that is traceable to the National Institute of Standards and Technology; however, any special inspection equipment must have designs submitted to Kurt Manufacturing Company for Approval. Seller designs shall be supported by detail drawings, which depict all information necessary to completely fabricate, calibrate and operate the equipment. This requires that the necessary views, dimensions, material, finishes, notes, and operations and calibrations instructions be properly depicted in accordance with approved practices to the extent that further calculation or clarification will not be required. Designs may be developed on a format normally employed in the seller's equipment design procedure, provided such format reflects the detail and information specified above and its conformance to DOD-D-1000, level 2, MIL-HNDBK 204and MIL-G-10944. IEL's and equipment design may be subject to government review and approval.
- Statistical Process Control
The Subcontractor is required to validate the quality of the product using Statistical Process Control (SPC) techniques as defined in American National Standards Institute (ANSI). A plan for the implementation of SPC shall be submitted by the subcontractor for review and approval by Kurt Manufacturing Company prior to production. Where a first article is contractually required, availability of the SPC plan will be required prior to first article inspection by Kurt Manufacturing Company. Notification of acceptance or rejection shall be furnished to the subcontractor through the buyer / subcontract administrator. All SPC inspection records, failure reports, capability studies, corrective actions reports and control charts shall be maintained and available for Kurt Manufacturing Company and Government review for a period of three (3) years. Scrap and rework records must also be readily available for Kurt Manufacturing Company and Government review for a period of three (3) years. Copies of SPC inspection records shall be presented with each shipment for review by Kurt Manufacturing Company Quality Engineering.
- Certified Suppliers
The subcontractor is approved as a Kurt Manufacturing Company Certified Supplier and, as such, is authorized to ship the items listed on this purchase order using the Kurt Manufacturing Company acceptance stamp provided. Certification of Conformance and packing lists and / or shippers shall be stamped by the subcontractor's quality representative for each shipment using the acceptance stamp provided.
- Supplier Data
A legible, reproducible copy of the seller's record of the nature of the observation regarding product(s) acceptance must accompany each shipment. The records must be traceable to the lot of components, subassemblies or assemblies shipped.
- Kurt Manufacturing Company Inspection
All material / items on this purchase order are subject to receiving inspection.
- Government Receiving Inspection (at Kurt Manufacturing Company)
All material / items on this purchase order are subject to Government receiving inspection.
- Lot Number Control
All material / items on this purchase order must have a lot number.
- Customer Verification of Subcontractors Product
The customer of Kurt Manufacturing Company or the customer's representative reserves the right to verify our suppliers system, procedures, facilities and products. This verification will not be used by the supplier as evidence of effective control of quality. This verification shall not absolve the supplier of the responsibility to provide acceptable product, nor shall it preclude subsequent rejection by Kurt Manufacturing Company or our customer.
- Delivery Performance
100% on-time delivery is a requirement of this purchase order. If 100% on-time shipments are not maintained, the seller shall implement corrective action to improve delivery performance including communication of deliver problem information to Kurt Manufacturing Company.
- Production Part Approval Process
The seller shall fully comply with the requirements set forth in the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) manual published and available from AIAG. Production part approval is granted for each part number. Revision level, manufacturing location, production process environment and supplier. Changes to any ofthese require notification of Kurt Manufacturing Company and possible resubmission.
- Restricted Substance
The seller will have a process to assure that government and safety constraints on restricted, toxic and hazardous substances are complied with relative to purchased products and the manufacturing process. Evidence of compliance will be submitted to Kurt Manufacturing Company upon request.
- Quality System Requirements to ISO / TS 16949
- The seller shall have a quality management system that complies with the requirements of ISO / TS 16949. Compliance with the provision of this clause in no way relives the seller of the responsibility to furnish acceptable supplies or services. The seller's system shall be subject to audit Kurt Manufacturing Company.
- The seller shall have a quality management system that is registered to the requirements of ISO / TS 16949. Compliance with the provision of this clause in no way relives the seller of the responsibility to furnish acceptable supplies or services. The sellers system shall be subject to audit Kurt Manufacturing Company.
- General Requirements for Calibration and Testing Laboratories (ANSI / ISO/ IEC 17025)
The seller shall fully comply with the requirements of ANSI / ISO / IEC 17025 "General Requirements for the Competence of Calibration and Testing Laboratories."
- Seller shall provide objective evidence of A2LA accreditation
- Seller shall submit certificates of conformance for all calibration and / or tests performed
- Seller shall provide objective evidence of certification to ANSI / ISO / IEC 17025
- Notification of Product or Process Change by the Seller
The seller must notify Kurt Manufacturing Company of any changes to the product and / or process for all lots run after first article acceptance. Records to be maintained for notification and Kurt Manufacturing Company approval
Procurement Clause Change Log
Updated item 14
Added to header regarding retention time of records, item 22 deleted clause numbers 21.1, 21.2 and 13.2, item 32 changed title to ISO ISO-9001 - 2000, item 33 changed title to ISO / TS 16949, and corrected spelling.
Added clause 35 "Notification of Product Change by Seller" Clause 34 removed Guide 25 added ISO / ANSI / ISO/ IEC 17025 and corrected spelling.
Added General Clauses before clause 1. Added P.O specific clauses prior to clause 1. Changed Clause 1 to eliminate all MIL-Q-9858, MIL-STD-1535, MIL-STD-1520 references and replaced with ISO 900 l and AS91 00 requirements. Deleted Clause 32.
Jeff Mcintosh, Brad Carlstrom, Mark Sedlacek